Thursday, November 2, 2017

October 30, 2017 "Another New Companion"

Hello everyone! As you can see in the title I got a new companion! His name is Elder Futter.  Pronounced like butter but with an F. He is 8 months out on mission and is coming from the Madagascar mission and originally from johannesburg.  The missionaries from Madagascar have been taken out due to a plague in the country.  They split up all of the missionaries between other missions.  He is fluent in Malagasy which is pretty epic.  He is awesome though and we are working hard! 

Life in Newcastle is great as always.  We are teaching many people and trying to find new people to teach. This area is a town so missionary work is more difficult here but we are up to the challenge.  Everyone here has these very scary dogs that are super mean and I have no doubt that they will kill you. My goal is to teach an Afrikaaner.  they are pretty stubborn and dont like missionaries very much but I will find one!

Everything else is going very well.  I am really trying to enjoy the work.  I am here for two years so why not learn to love working hard!  

I think it is a blessing that I cant watch the dodgers because I would be flipping out and very stressed.  Nobody in Africa cares about the World Series or baseball so I am living pretty stress free.  

I ate Indian food this week which was super good.  It was a bit spicy for me but I tryed my best to enjoy it! There is this thing here that can be bought on the side of the road that is called Kota.  It is a loaf of bread filled with french fries, sausages, other meat, egg, and great sauces.  I will attach a pic, but these things are from heaven.  I feel like I may have a heart attack while eating them but they are a great once a week thing.

Well I hope everyone is having a great week! This computer I am using has no spell check so sorry for the misspellings.  I love you  all and love doing the Lords work.  This Gospel truly does change lives and on the mission it is so real. People I have taught and even myself have been changed so much by the teachings of Jesus Christ! I hope you all can realize the blessings in your life and give the glory to God.  He knows each of you personally and gives us challenges to help us grow.  Just be patient and have hope becasue after the challenges we will be better people.  

If you are having a hard week, pick yourself up and go serve someone.  I promise you it will feel good! I hope everyone has a safe week! Love you all 





No comments:

Post a Comment