Sunday, November 12, 2017

November 6, 2017 Life in Newcastle

Another great week in Newcastle! It was a very hot week but still pretty great! Since we now have four elders in this area we share one car.  I am finally getting a sense of real missionary work by walking.  It really isnt too bad.  We feel like we are more involved with the people here which is nice.  My Zulu is slowly but surely improving! 

Well this week was sure great.  We Had zone conference on thursday which was super cool.  Elder Hamilton, prez of Africa Southeast section, was there.  Everyone thought he would give the mission a lot of fire, because that is what he has done in the past.  But that was not it at all, infact it was a great meeting that I think was really great for the whole mission.  He did a Q and A sort of thing that was super cool and very helpful. 

At church this week we walked with a family that we are teaching.  Almost all of them left after sacrament meeting except for one.  Her name is Sunshine.  She is 10 years old and such an example to her family.  I will attach a picture of me and her.  She is supposed to be baptized this month so we are super excited for that!!! 

Well that is about it for this week.  I am very excited for my future here and have really learned to love the people here.  So humble and full of love (except the Afrikaaners).  I love you all and wish you the best this next week! The Dodgers lost but life moves on! I hope you all take some time out of your week and count your blessings because if you dont they will soon be gone!! JK but kind of actually.  See you all next week! 






No comments:

Post a Comment