Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Week 2 in Umlazi-September 18, 2017

Well another week down in Umlazi! It was a very interesting one this week.  It was a pretty quick week and I can definitely feel myself settling in here.  It has been a rainy and windy week so that kind of stinks.  There is a ton of trash here in the streets so when it is windy it blows everywhere and is quite nasty. But besides the weather it has been a great and quick week! 

We are super lucky here in umlazi because we have dinner appointments every night.  On Sunday we literally ate 3 different dinners which killed me.  The food was amazing and all but it was just so much! The members are so willing to feed us which is awesome.  Everyone feeds us chicken and rice with some curry stuff.  It is all super tasty.  The soda here is great as well. It is very different but I try not to drink too much.  We stayed with some other elders in our are for the majority of this week which was fun. The elders we stayed with are hilarious and have really given me some great advice for the future.  

The poverty here continues to amaze me.  Such humble people with such an amazing belief in god and Jesus Christ. Church was great this week! It is supposed to be an english ward but most people still speak in Zulu so I just smile and nod most of the time.  It can be a struggle sometimes but I am trying to learn zulu.  It has clicks in the language which is nuts but I am practicing every morning.  
This mission so far has been a very humbling experience and I am loving it.  I am reminded every day that I do not know everything and I have so much to learn.  I am really focusing on faith this week.  Faith is an action word.  by that I mean that faith should make you want to act on something.  If it is a faith in God you should exercise that faith and try to come closer to him each day.  These next two years are not going to be easy but I have faith that I can get through it all! 

Thanks to everyone for the love and support this week.  It really means a lot and I can feel the love all the way from Africa.  Have a great week everyone! Love you! 

didnt take many pics this week.  More coming next week tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment