Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 2 in Missionary Training Center in Johannesburg

Wow this mission thing keeps getting better and better! Last Wednesday we got to go out and teach people in a town called Soweto.  It was INSANE.  It was my first real "Africa" experience.  Shacks, street vendors, and a ton of little African children running around everywhere! It is amazing to see what these people have and how happy they are.  We met some crazy people who wondered why God wasnt black but we also met a single lady with a three month old baby.  She lived in a very small one room shack.  We taught her about the Restoration and it wass awesome!  I just about hit my head on the roof but it was an amazing experience.  Kids love running up to us and messing with us "white men." But it really is amazing to see how accepting and humble these people are. We got home and had an amazing meal and we all just thought about the craziness we just saw. Truly inspiring and just reminds me that we are so lucky in America!

I got a new companion this week which was pretty cool.  He is from American Fork, Utah.  His name is Elder Elison.  We are doing great and love to work hard together.  He is headed to Zambia after the MTC which blows my mind.  I am so short on time but I have so many more amazing things to share! I wont be emailing for two weeks because next week on tuesday I will be traveling to Durban! The big leagues.  I love all you and thanks for the support! I will send loads of pics in two weeks! God loves you and I wish you all the best this next week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment